Thursday, October 20, 2016

Walking for Peace Photo-Story 13 (Publicity in Croatia)


A big part of our journey involved us following signs or omens that we felt were guiding us in a certain direction. We allowed the Way to lead us, rather than over-planning each day and rushing to arrive. 

But when Alberto told me that he had been receiving signs for him to continue alone, I felt nervous. I was suffering with terrible blisters and could not walk at the speed that required us to arrive to Medugorje (in Bosnia and Herzegovina), purported site of the apparition of the Mary of Peace, for the 25th of the month, when she would deliver her monthly message of peace. I knew I couldn’t make it; so we agreed to separate, thinking it would only be for a few days. 

I never would have imagined that we would be apart for forty days. 

In the article above, Alberto is caught off-guard by a journalist wanting to interview him along the side of the road, while I, a few days later, gave another interview during my stay at the Capuchin monastery in Karlobag. Its Superior, Fra Anta Logara, would become my angel not only in Croatia but for the duration of our walk to Jerusalem.

No comments:

Post a Comment