Thursday, October 20, 2016

Walking for Peace Photo-Story 16 (Reunited with Alberto)

Alberto in Medugorje

It was a time of great transformation for both of us. Aside from my unexpected illness, I felt compelled to return to Lebanon to visit a dying family member. I had no way of reaching Alberto to let him know of my decision, and prayed that he would wait for me in Medugorje, Bosnia and Herzegovina, where we had planned to meet. 

He had called me once, upon his arrival there, but the phone number he gave me always went unanswered. 

Needing to follow my own signs, I allowed a magical web of synchronicities to lead me to Lebanon, and then later, to bring me back to my walk. 

Every day, I desperately called that phone number; finally, on the eve of my arrival in Medugorje, a woman answered. Alberto was still there. 

Our reunion was joyous, and filled with our many tales of adventure. I spoke of the many human angels who had helped me, while he shared the many experiences that could only be described as miraculous and magical. 

This photo was taken in the main plaza of Medugorje, just as I was about to see him for the first time since our forty-day separation.

No comments:

Post a Comment